Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests saving and/or sharing specific content on a server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's explore them. Thus, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to create a website, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by certain companies, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans often involve ads by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the tasks at hand between autonomous hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different website hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a big number of pictures with pals or associates since the solution is generally free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail aliases. Some providers provide web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to have a web site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content exclusively.